Description: A position is offered as a molecular and cellular biology laboratory technician to work in the MICINN project (PID2019-106247GB-I00) “Genomic heterogeneity of circulating tumor cells” (IP: David Posada; University of Vigo; http://darwin.uvigo.es).
Working conditions: Initial duration of 6 months with the possibility of an extension, with an annual gross salary of € 15,000 € in 12 payments. Immediate incorporation.
Place of work: The work will be carried out between the Center for Biomedical Research (CINBIO) of the University of Vigo and the Institute for Health Research of Santiago de Compostela (IDIS).
- Maintain cell cultures.
- Execute basic experimental techniques with laboratory animals (rodents): anesthesia, analgesia, surgical procedures, etc.
- Extract and process biological samples from laboratory animals.
- Handle human blood samples.
- Extract DNA / RNA.
- Determine the concentration and quality of DNA / RNA samples.
- Organize and store blood, tissue and DNA / RNA samples.
- Maintain the stock and inventory of laboratory reagents.
- Be in possession of the title of Superior Laboratory Technician (FP): specialty related to Biomedicine. Candidates without this qualification will not be evaluated.
- Be in possession of the qualification of training to perform procedures on laboratory animals and euthanasia (b and c) (in accordance with EU Directive 63/2010, RD 53/2013 and ECC / 566/2015).
- Experience in rodent xenograft modeling, processing and sampling.
- Knowledge of the standards of good laboratory practice (GLP) and of routine and experimental processes with animals.
- Experience in cellular / molecular biology techniques: cell culture, DNA and RNA isolation, PCR and qPCR.
- Cell culture experience.
- Experience in isolation of blood cell populations and immunofluorescence techniques.
- Experience in nucleic acid extractions from blood, cells and tumors.
- Demonstrable experience in biomedical research.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in laboratory work.
- English level B2 Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (MCREL) or similar.
Presentation of candidatures:
Interested persons should send their CV and two reference contacts to email@example.com, indicating “lab technician 2021” in the subject of the email, until June 20, 2021.